Actors Expo 2022
Actors Pro Expo Global 2022
On February 12th 2022, Felicity Jackson and colleague Lianne Robertson will be leading the charge with Actors Pro Expo Global and Meals 4 Monologues, a trade show with a food drive.
‘Actors experience a lot of instability and rejection. At Actors Pro Expo we come together not only to support and learn from one another but to give back to the community; to come together for all those that are struggling.’
The acting industry can be very isolating. Actors Pro Expo is a reminder that we are connected to something greater than ourselves; that one small gesture can have a big impact.
With millions of food bank parcels issued every year and the increasingly difficult fall-out from the pandemic donations are needed now more than ever. Working in conjunction with the Casting Directors Association and the Casting Society of America, Actors Pro Expo is proud to do their part. Casting directors will devote a full day to seeing actors perform who participate in this charity event.
‘Over 90% of the food distributed by foodbanks in The Trussell Trust network is donated by the public – that’s why donations are absolutely vital to our ability to give everyone referred to us a balanced and nutritious three-day supply of food.’ North Enfield Foodbank
Over the past 12 years, Actors Pro Expo has welcomed thousands of actors through the door since it’s beginning in 2009 in the UK and USA. This global hybrid event will see Actors from both sides of the pond getting involved in-person and online.
You can apply for a Meals 4 Monologues performance slot via the website. HERE. Donations are not only restricted to participants that bag themselves a slot. We welcome donations from everyone.
With free admission, Actors Pro Expo Global offers exciting information-packed seminars led by a range of top industry professionals including agents, casting directors and career mentors.
In addition, the hugely popular 1-2-1 mentoring sessions are back. Actors have the opportunity to get personalised career advice with tips to take their career to the next level.
From The Crown and Bourne Supremacy casting directors, Kate Bone and Dan Hubbard to top level Agents at International Artist Management, the day offers a realistic and honest approach to life in the industry.
Hot topics will be featured throughout the day, such as ‘Snap decisions of a Casting Director’ with casting director Sydney Aldbridge. Meanwhile ‘Actors without Boarders’ will be hosted by American Actors Marketing Expert Gwyn Gilliss, as she gives advice on how to be an international Actor.
Hosted at ETC Venues, near Liverpool Street Station, Actors Pro Expo is thrilled to be making a return to in-person events and continuing to offer attendees to participate virtually regardless of location.
Sponsored by StarNow, The Actor’s Fast Track Gravy for the Brain, ID Fight and Scott Powers Studio.
Date: Saturday 12th February 2022
Venue: ETC Venues, 155 Bishopsgate, Spitalfields, London, EC2M 3YD
Online: Via Reattendance
Actors Pro Expo is a trade show to help creatives develop and sustain their career and to create new opportunities for themselves. Attendees can meet exhibitors from a wide range of services to help develop their career. Actors Pro Expo also offers seminars led by industry professionals as well as delivering free 1-2-1 career mentoring sessions for feedback on your current career position.
The event is free admission as is the opportunity to participate in Meals 4 Monologues, 1-2-1 career mentoring. Seminar tickets are £8.50 each or you can purchase an All Access Event Pass for £95 which gives you access to all 36 seminars which can be enjoyed in-person, streamed online or watched on-demand with a 3 month watch period. All tickets can be booked online in advance at https://www.actorsproexpo.com/upcoming-seminars
Meals 4 Monologues
If you are interested in performing for a casting director and donating, please:
• Apply online for a performance slot (allocated at random)
• Prepare a 2-minute contemporary monologue
• Bring one headshot and CV that will be available to the panel of casting directors and associates.
• Donate via the Go Fund me page
Seminars by Casting Pros Include:
• Casting Director Kate Bone (Sherlock Holmes, Maleficent, The Crown, Chernobyl, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Game of Thrones and The Imitation Games)
• Casting Director Dan Hubbard (Downton Abbey, The Bourne Ultimatum, Captain Phillips, King Kong, Tomb Raider)
• Casting Associate Kathryn Zamora-Benson (Black Bird, The Plot Against America, The Prom, Warrior, Banshee, Too Big to Fail, Our Brand Is Crisis, The Divide, The Mist, Chambers and The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind)
• Casting Director Sydney Aldbridge (Missile From the East, Homeland, Mayward, Tow Truck, Saltwater, Closure, Unsettled (Park Theatre), Dragonfly (Park Theatre), The Baby Dance Mixed (Arcola Theatre)
• Casting Director Sophie Pearson (The King, Top Boy S3, Jojo Rabbit)
• Commercial Casting Director David Bellantoni from Beth Melsky (iphone 13, Skittles, Bud Light, Apple iPad Pro, Microsoft, Timberland, Foot Locker, Amazon Echo)
• Casting Director Rae Hendrie of Julie Harkin Casting (The Discovery of Wiches, There She Goes, The Salisbury Poisonings, Informer)
• Casting Director Manuel Puro (Hell Boy 2, Man and Mute)
• Casting Associate Sarah Wilson (The Last Letter from Your Lover, Ammonite, Brassic)
• Casting Director Claudia Blunt (Antic Productions resident Casting Director)
• Casting Associate Olissa Rogers of Fiona Weir Casting (Ted Lasso, Anthony, Criminal S2)
• Casting Associate Gabby King (Peaky Blinders)
• Casting Director Kate Geller (The Wolverine, John Wick, Don’t Think Twice, Blindspot, The Blacklist)
• Casting Directors Amber Horn & Casting Director Daniela Aufiero (The Healing Powers of Dude, The Babysitters’ Club, Andi Mack)
• Agent Helen Kelly of International Artists Management
• Agent and Managing Director Alexandra Mclean-Williams
• Agent Miles Anthony of Mile Anthony Associates (MMA)
• Actor and Career Coach Valorie Hubbard
• Voice Director/Casting Director Hugh Edwards
• Master Teacher and Fight Director Ronin Traynor
• Guest teacher from The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Art
• Actors Marketing Coach Gwyn Gilliss
• Theatre Director and Associate Professor Dr Robert Marsden
• Actors Mind Set Coach Ross Grant
• Actor, Director and Teacher Anthony Reimer & Actor and Teacher Sandy Faison
• Acting Coach and Writer/Director/Producer Kimberly Jentzen
• Actor and Acting Coach Loren Chadima
• Actor and Acting Coach Roger Hendricks Simon
• Acting Coach Fran Montano
• Actor, Director and Acting Coach Murisa Harba
Actors Pro Expo
Felicity Jackson Felicity attended The Court Theatre Training Company, where she gained a BA (Hons) in Acting. After graduating, Felicity, inspired by her fellow thespians, founded Surviving Actors Ltd; an annual industry convention held in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and New York aimed at jobbing actors looking to develop, sustain and create opportunities within their career. Within a year of setting up Surviving Actors, Felicity founded Casting Days Ltd; a dedicated acting showcase company focusing on professional showcases for trained actors.
Felicity is most well-known for her appearance in Series 7 of BBC’s The Apprentice, where she beat 72,000 people to reach the final 16 candidates. She continued to excel above the other candidates and was eventually ‘fired’ in week four.
Lianne Robertson studied Acting & Performance at Aberdeen College then went on to gain her BA (Hons) Acting at Northampton University. Upon graduating Lianne went to work in Thailand as a Creative Arts specialist with disabled children at Rainbow House orphanage then returned to work in London.
Lianne has worked on short/feature length films and in commercials with brands such as The Famous Grouse, Gala Bingo, Nintendo, RBS, Go Outdoors, Arnold Clark, Glenmorangie & The Old Course St Andrews.
She lives an active lifestyle and enjoys running, cycling and hill walking in the summer months and retreats indoors for badminton, rock climbing and yoga in the winter. Lianne also has a passion for travel and has visited many countries around the globe, from solo road trips in America to backpacking with her fiancé across Asia and South America. She loves to explore and discover and so does her Sprocker Spaniel Fender.
Lianne’s industry experience supports her work in making Actors Pro Expo the best industry event out there. She’s enjoyed learning new skills most recently to take the event in a new direction to offer virtual and hybrid formats.
By Lynn Beaumont