Theatre Workout Academy
Award-winning workshops and summer schools from Theatre Workout
Theatre Workout is the centre for Education in London’s West End offering multi-award-winning workshops and courses for young people in the heart of London’s Theatre Land!
Our Academy programme offers outstanding training for children and young people of all ages.
We hope to run 'live' programmes again soon when it is safe to do so and economically viable. Until then we're going online with our next programmes starting in October 2020. Theses include:
- Online courses in the October Half-Term holiday 2020 for ages 7-13 and 14+
- Weekly online LAMDA classes for students in school years 4-6, 7-9 and 10-13.
All our programmes include:
- Training with collaborative and solo projects, rehearsals and performances
- Specialist masterclasses in a host of performance techniques, such as character development, verbatim theatre, text analysis, and self-tapingWork with material from Theatre Workout's West End show partners
- Perform rehearsed material and improvised projects. On 'live' courses this is usually in a West End theatre, such as the Tristan Bates' Theatre, Arts Theatre, or Leicester Square Theatre
- Work with material from Theatre Workout's West End show partners
- Weekly programmes based on the LAMDA curriculum
- Certificate of completion
- A passion for performing
- A good Wifi signal
- A smart phone or digital camera capable of video recording
- Be able to speak English to at least A2 exam level with Trinity (international students)
- All classes will be run UK time
Founded in 2006, Theatre Workout has created the official education programmes for over 35 major West End plays and musicals including Disney’s The Lion King, Shrek, Wicked, Hairspray, Chicago (twice), the 39 Steps, A Doll’s House, and Waitress, delivering workshops and courses to over 8,000 students a year.
Theatre Workout won the Best Leisure Product award at the British Youth Travel Awards 2018 and 2016. Other winners have included Warner Brothers Studios – The Making of Harry Potter and Lego Land. In 2018 Theatre Workout was also voted Best For West End Workshops in the Global Entertainment Awards with LUXLife Magazine.
Our courses are open to students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities, offering professional-standard drama training with a focus on acting, singing and dance.
*Special Offer Ts & Cs: only one offer per sale. No cash alternative. Subject to availability of course places.
Theatre Workout Academy
Covent Garden, London
Telephone: 0208 144 2290
School Website: https://www.theatreworkout.com/summer-school-2020
View Larger Map
Please mention DramaClasses.biz when contacting this School
SHARE THIS SCHOOL
From Our Timetable:
5 WEEKS FREE - Weekly online LAMDA Classes (Years 7-9)
Saturday at 11:00
Get 5 weeks free drama classes - enrol today*
Theatre Workout's online drama club offers with weekly based on the LAMDA Exam curriculum combined with our extensive experience working with West End shows. Classes start Saturday 7th November 2020.
Being online, this course is ideal for young performers who want to learn, create, play and collaborate with new friends across the UK and from around the world!
- Communication skills - Reading Aloud, Listening, Public Speaking,
- Voice and Speech
- Shakespeare - Verse and Prose, Performance, Character, Text Analysis,
- Performance - Acting, Devising, Improvisation, Scene Studies
- Musical Theatre - Singing, Dance, Acting, Performance
Dates & Times:
- Winter term Saturdays 07/11/2020-12/12/20: 6 weeks
- Spring Term 09/01/21-03/04/21 (excluding 20/02/20): 12 weeks
- Summer Term 24/04/21-24/07/21 (excluding 05/06/21): 13 weeks
- Times: 10.00-10.45 (years 4-6), 11.00-12.00 (years 7-9), 12.15-13.15 (years 9+)
- Primary (years 4-6) £7.50 per 45 minute class.
- Secondary (years 7+) £8.75 per 60 minute class.
- Paid termly in advance.
- Get Five weeks free when you enrol for a year (one week per half term). Book before 1st October 2020.
Ts & Cs apply. Exam fees not included.